Below is a list of ingredients in various Hooch Snuff (Chattahoochee Herbal Snuff) products. If you have a list of ingredients for a Hooch Snuff product not listed here please contact us and we’ll get it added.
- Chattahoochee Herbal Snuff – Cherry
Pueraria, Glycerin, Caramel Color, Natural Cherry Flavor, Cayenne Pepper, Salt
- Chattahoochee Herbal Snuff – Classic
Pueraria, Glycerin, Caramel Color, Artificial Flavor, Cayenne Pepper, Salt
- Chattahoochee Herbal Snuff – Mint
Pueraria, Glycerin, Caramel Color, Peppermint Oil, Cayenne Pepper, Salt
- Chattahoochee Herbal Snuff – Spitfire
Pueraria, Glycerin, Caramel Color, Tabasco Mash (Tabasco Peppers, Vinegar, Salt), Cayenne Pepper
- Chattahoochee Herbal Snuff – Whiskey
Pueraria, Glycerin, Caramel Color, Natural Flavor, Cayenne Pepper, Salt
- Chattahoochee Herbal Snuff – Wintergreen
Pueraria, Gltcerin, Caramel Color, Wintergreen Oil, Salt, Cayenne Pepper
Hooch Rough Cut – Ingredients
Hooch does not list product specific ingredients on their website any longer. Here’s what they list on their ingredients page:
All of our food grade ingredients are the finest available.
- Kudzu Leaves: This plant is in the soy bean family and is also known as Pueraria. It has been consumed for thousands of years in China and is considered totally safe. We use only the leaves of the plant, not the root. The root contains high levels of pseudoestrogens and isoflavones which are commonly used in medicinal herbs. The leaves only contain very low levels of these components.
- Mint: We use a proprietary Kudzu and Mint blend in our Rough Cut Flavors to provide a texture similar to a long cut tobacco.
- Glycerin: Used to provide moisture to the product. It also provides a light sweetness to our product. We use only 99.7% Kosher glycerin.
- Soybean or Olive Oil: Used to maintain moisture and provide a better feel of our products. We use Extra Virgin Olive Oil in some of our products to help bring out the flavor.
- Caramel Color: Our Caramel Color is used to create the authentic brown expectorant (spit) you would expect. It is made from the burning of corn syrup.
- Cayenne Pepper: Provides that signature sting that is felt in real tobacco products.
- Salt: Used to enhance the flavor and increase salivation. About 1/15th of a teaspoon of salt is in each tin.
Each of our flavors contain one or more of the following:
- Tabasco Mash: This is comprised of tabasco peppers, vinegar and salt. We get out tabasco mash directly from the McIlhenny Company that manufactures the famous sauce.
- Mint Oils: Our Mint and Wintergreen flavors use essential oils distilled from the appropriate mint plants. All of our mint oils are manufactured in the U.S.
- Natural Flavors: Our Cherry and Whiskey flavors use only natural flavors.
- Artificial Flavor: In order to get as close to real tobacco for our Classic flavor, we use an artificial flavor. We also use an Artificial Peach flavor since most natural Peach flavors smell like dirty armpits.