Last night, Bretn37 joined the forums and became the 11,000th member of our little family. Sorry to call you out Bret… there’s some additional accountability for ya 😉 It always amazes me to see the growth of our quitter’s community and just how fast it’s growing. And believe me… it’s fast. Faster than ever in fact.
Don’t believe me? For the first time in our history, our growth rate to add 1,000 members was less than a Hall Of Fame cycle (100 days for the non-initiated). Far less in fact. Since we hit 10,000 members on November, 30th of last year it’s only been 84 days!
Here’s a look back at our recent growth:
- 11,000 members – 2.22.2012 – 84 days to go from 10,000 to 11,000 members
- 10,000 members – 11.30.2011 – 113 days to go from 9,000 to 10,000 members
- 9,000 members – 8.9.2011 – 111 days to go from 8,000 to 9,000 members
- 8,000 members – 4.20.2011 – 107 days to go from 7,000 to 8,000 members (just over a Hall of Fame period!)
- 7,000 members – 1.3.2011 – 167 days to go from 6,000 to 7,000 members
- 6,000 members – 7.20.2010 – 182 days to go from 5,000 to 6,000 members
- 5,000 members – 1.19.2010 – 141 days to go from 4,000 to 5,000 members
- 4,000 members – 6.9.2010
Now, to be fair, late December and January tend to be our busy season when it comes to quitting. There’s a whole SLEW of New Years Resolution quitters that seek us out during that time period. That being said, I couldn’t be more excited about the explosive growth that we’ve been seeing. I’m very excited about the direction the organization is headed and we’ve got some big changes in mind that will make things even better.
I’d once again to offer my most sincere gratitude to all of our members and staff for making KillTheCan.org what it is today. Next up… 12,000!
P.S. The photo associated with this page has really nothing to do with the forums… but I like beer, and it fit well with the post 😉 Anyone ever tried it?