If you’ve following along here on the blog or on our Facebook page, you know that we’ve been inching toward a big milestone on our forums. I’m happy to announce that on November, 30th at 11:19 PM, forum member Kylecina joined our merry bunch… and became the 10,000th member of our community! Talk about some incredible forum growth since we’ve started!
Interested in the growth rate? Here’s some recent numbers!
- 10,000 members – 11.30.2011 – 113 days to go from 9,000 to 10,000 members
- 9,000 members – 8.9.2011 – 111 days to go from 8,000 to 9,000 members
- 8,000 members – 4.20.2011 – 107 days to go from 7,000 to 8,000 members (just over a Hall of Fame period!)
- 7,000 members – 1.3.2011 – 167 days to go from 6,000 to 7,000 members
- 6,000 members – 7.20.2010 – 182 days to go from 5,000 to 6,000 members
- 5,000 members – 1.19.2010 – 141 days to go from 4,000 to 5,000 members
- 4,000 members – 6.9.2010
I was hoping that we’d hit 10,000 members before the site celebrated it’s 5 year anniversary. We didn’t quite get there, but I’m thrilled that we got there within the same month as when we turned 5. I’m absolutely floored by the growth of the community and also at the LEVEL of support everyone gives. As someone who’s been quit for years now it still shocks me by how many people will give selflessly of their time and efforts to help someone else quit dipping.
If you happen to stumble across this post and you’re not quit yet, I’d urge you to make your decision to day and get it done. Why not make your News Year’s Resolution a little early this year and be well into your quit before you ring in the new year?
I’d like to offer a sincere thanks to all of our members for making KillTheCan.org what it is today. Onward to 11,000!!!