I can unequivocally tell you that IT DOES GET BETTER! I can’t tell you exactly when, but I can tell you that it does.
If you’re like I was, you’re at the point where you KNOW you’re done, but you’re just sick of dealing with it…. You’re sick of quitting, you’re sick of the site, sick of posting roll, sick of fake dip, sick of seeds, sick of quitting, etc. Not that you’re thinking of caving, but you’re just SICK AND FUCKING TIRED of dealing with dip. I’ve got good news and bad news. I was exactly right there. That’s it… it’s both the good news and the bad.
It’s good cause if you’re like me and you’re experiencing all of those things, then you’ll ALSO be like me and get away from all of those feelings. For me it wasn’t a single defining moment where I stopped thinking of dip in the “I’m quitting” terms and moved over to a “I’ve already quit” mindframe. That’s not to say that I don’t struggle and have a bad day now and again cause I absolutely do, but my bad days now are pretty few and far between and are getting less and less intense and i get further into my quit.
It’s bad cause again, if you’re like me, dip will always be a part of your life. Not an active part, but it’s there – in the back of your mind. The nic bitch is always there and will continue to be there. I’ve been thinking about just this point quite a bit lately. I’ve been trying to reconcile the fact that I’ll always be an addict. If you look at it in those terms, it can be pretty overwhelming… so I don’t.
Here’s how I deal with craves, bad days, bad thoughts, etc. these days when it pertains to dip.
- I tell myself that if the WORST i’m dealing with is a crave every couple of weeks for a couple of days — that’s a hell of a lot better than dealing with cancer.
- I tell myself that if dealing with bit of nic rage every now and again is better than leaving my wife and son alone without dad and hubby.
- I tell myself that I AM IN CONTROL of my own destiny at this point — we’ve beaten our addiction. We CHOOSE whether or not to have a dip. We CHOOSE whether or not to go back to the can, and we CHOOSE the way we deal with our ongoing battles. In my eyes that incredible power
If you’re looking for advice here’s the best I can do… continue to do what you’ve been doing.
- Use the site.
- Talk to your brothers.
- Remember why you’re here in the first place.
- Don’t feel that just cause someone else is doing well you can’t post about a struggle.
- Remember how far you’ve come.
Check out my HOF Creed and give it a once over. if my words don’t help, come up with your own… but don’t EVER underestimate how far you’ve come.
No matter how bad you feel right now, I can almost guarantee that you feel better NOW than you did during your first or second week. And here’s a GREAT thing about that fact… you’re never going back my friends. You’ve made it over that hurdle.