NOTE: I have to preface this post by saying this. While use of marijuana (or alcohol) isn’t forbidden for quitters who are posting roll on KillTheCan, they can, especially early in your quit, make you weak and make you make some poor decisions. Tread lightly.
Cigarettes are probably the worst drug on the planet. Tobacco products alone kill more human beings annually than all the other drugs combined, including alcohol.
People have tried numerous methods to help them kick the dirty habit including the following:
- Nicotine Patches: These patches release nicotine into the smoker’s body to help them deal with cravings. THEY CONTAIN NICOTINE!
- Hypnotism: Smokers often get hypnotized to help them to stop thinking about smoking. Many smokers have managed to quit by using this method, and can easily live the rest of their lives without having a cigarette. Unfortunately, this doesn’t work for everybody.
- Vaping: More people have been able to stop smoking by using vape products than ever before. However, we are still in the early days of the vaping craze and experts are still unsure about the long-term effects.
- Cold turkey: Every smoker has had those days that they have decided to give up. This is our suggested method.
Although smokers say they understand the health risks, quitting smoking is not easy (duh). Many countries have shown reports stating that young people are not smoking as much. There are a lot of factors why this is the case such as: they are very expensive and teenagers can’t afford them, vaping has become popular, smoking is not allowed in most places, it’s not as “cool” as it once was, etc.
Most smokers will tell you they have tried everything to stop smoking. Many people are now turning to smoking marijuana to help them quit.
How to Use Marijuana the Right Way to Stop Smoking Tobacco
Before we start, please take note that it is not recommended to use cannabis when you feel a pang. If you are getting withdrawal pangs, you can use either CBD or the flower from the cannabis to help. Although this method might sound strange, it can help stop your addictive thoughts.
The physical side of the addiction is one thing, but most smokers really like the feeling of taking a hit from a cigarette. To help deal with the withdrawal symptoms, you can consume cannabis at specific times throughout the day. You can set times during the day to help deal with the withdrawal symptoms, but avoid using cannabis as a replacement.
When you get a withdrawal pang, stop for a moment and “feel it”. These craves come and go frequently when you first stop smoking or dipping tobacco but as time goes by you will experience them less and less. Imagine you are in a train station and a train starts speeding down the tracks. It stays for a while and eventually leaves. Although you can see it, you are sure that it is not going to stay there forever. When you realize that these pangs won’t last forever, you are on the right track to stopping smoking.
How to Consume Cannabis When You Stop Smoking?
There are plenty of ways that you can consume cannabis when you want to stop smoking tobacco. Here are just a few:
- Roll your own joints: This might cause you a problem because rolling joints might remind you of smoking a cigarette. If this is the way you like consuming cannabis, perhaps using flavored rolling papers would be ideal as it will make the joint taste completely different than smoking a traditional cigarette.
- Vape pen: You can smoke cannabis or CBD oil using a vape pen.
- Pill form: These tablets known as canna caps are a very popular method of consuming cannabis for those who don’t like smoking it. A lot of people complain that consuming marijuana can hurt their throat and cause them to cough, so this is a great alternative, especially if smoking a joint or a vape pen reminds you of smoking tobacco.
- Edibles: There are plenty of cannabis tasty treats available. From cakes to biscuits. Cooking with cannabis has become very popular recently, and similar to the canna caps, you won’t remind yourself of smoking cigarettes.
- Bongs: There are lots of different bongs available on the market nowadays. This has been a very popular method used to ingest cannabis.
If you are new to consuming marijuana, you are sure to find a method that suits you. Above are only a few of the ways you can ingest THC.
What Not To Do When Quitting Cigarettes
If you are rolling a joint and you want to quit tobacco, don’t add any tobacco into your joint. Although you might think you have quit, your addiction will continue, even if you only put a small amount in each joint. For some people, this is how they started smoking tobacco in the first place. NOTE: THIS IS A CAVE. PERIOD.
Do not replace tobacco with cannabis. If every time you get a crave you reach for a joint you will eventually go back to traditional cigarettes.
The World is Changing
It doesn’t seem like that long ago that you were able to smoke almost anywhere. Thankfully for us non-smokers, in most areas, times have completely changed. Statistics are showing fewer people around the world are smoking, and more people are managing to kick the disgusting habit.
The complete opposite is happening around the globe with cannabis. Laws are becoming more relaxed in many states throughout the US and in many countries, governments have legalized or decriminalized the sale of marijuana products. Doctors and scientists have been carrying out plenty of studies to show the benefits of using marijuana. The stigma that once surrounded marijuana is gradually fading.
There are many people who are afraid to stop smoking tobacco because they are worried they will gain weight. A recent study that consisted of 700 adults aged between 18 and 75 showed that those who smoked marijuana on a regular basis had a much lower body mass index score in comparison to those who didn’t. Although smoking pot is known to give people the “munchies”, frequent smokers tend to be thinner.
People for years have been claiming that there is a long list of benefits to consuming marijuana, and now that these claims are beginning to be backed by science, it seems we’re on a course where there is no stopping marijuana’s popularity. It seems that people of all different ages and all different walks of life are using cannabis. However, you’ll be hard pressed to find anyone who can come up with a list of advantages to smoking tobacco!