As we announced previously, KillTheCan.org will be attending the 2011 National Spit Tobacco Summit held in Austin, Texas. The event (which regardless of what the name suggests is actually AGAINST smokeless tobacco use) is May 10 through the 12th. We’re happy to report that not only will we be in attendance, but we are a bronze sponsor for the event! This promises to be an outstanding event that we are very excited to attend. Some of the topics on the agenda are as follows:
- Smokeless Tobacco Taxes: Where States Have Been and Where They are Going
- Tracking the Epidemic: Surveillance of Spit Tobacco Use
- Beyond the Brotherhood: Smokeless Marketing Strategies to Recruit New Users
- Selling Camel Snus: A Review of the Dynamic Marketing Behind a New Smokeless Tobacco Product
- Snus: The Fears and the Facts
- Innovations in Smokeless Tobacco Cessation
- And much more.
The full event program can be found here: www.smokelesstobaccosummit.com/program
We would LOVE to have our members either attend the event or join us for a quitter meet Austin style. Event registration can be found here. We’ll be staying at the Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin – Town Lake and even if you’re not going to attend the even we’d love to see you there!