Thanks to tobacco industry regulations and marketing restrictions in the US, smoking rates have dropped dramatically. HBO’s John Oliver explains how tobacco companies are keeping their business strong overseas in this video clip.
This video is 18 minutes long but well worth your time to watch / listen to it. Give it a watch and leave us a comment below.
Here are some quotes from the video:
- “Some women would prefer having smaller babies.” ~ Joseph Cullman former CEO Philip Morris
- “Probably the most profitable.” ~ Tobacco farmer in 2008 answering the question, “Is this the best time ever to be a tobacco farmer? “
- “Philip Morris owns seven of the world’s top 15 international brands including Marlboro.”
- “Live the Marlboro values. True. Bold. Forever Foreward.”
- After new packaging laws in Australia were implemented, “Total consumption of tobacco and cigarettes in March quarter 2014 is the lowest ever recorded…”
- “Eukraine is taking the Kanye West approach to international trade disputes.”