In the search for an easy way to quit, many people will run across the drug Chantix. The drug has gotten quite a bit of press over the years about how successful it is in helping people quit smoking. We get asked quite often if it is also successful for someone who’s looking to quit dipping.
Forum member JAYP used Chantix early in his quit and gives us an honest review of how it affected his quit:
Check out his answer here:
UPDATE: I posted this link to the FB page recently and got some great feedback. I wanted to pass along the following comment from a quitter who’s currently using Chantix:
I’m on it right now. For about a month so far. I’ve been dipping for 17 years Copenhagen long cut about 1-1.5 cans a day. I will say it works great with absolutely eliminating any cravings for nicotine. At this point I dip only at night once a day. And I literally have to talk myself into doing it to satisfy the physical habit withdrawal of it. And when I do it, it tastes like absolute crap so I only keep it in about 10-15 minutes.
The Pros –
1. Absolutely eliminates any craving for nicotine
The Cons –
1. Dreams of craziness. Like some real acid trip nightmare stuff.
2. You have to take it with a full meal of food or you will have intense nausea/vomiting. I learned this the hard way. as soon as the pill dissolves it feels like a knife in your lower stomach. You can literally feel the pill dissolve because of the instant change in your stomach.
3. During the day It feels like a mixture between motion sickness and the feeling you feel when a sleeping pill starts to kick in.
4. You’ll sleep like a corpse. I guess that could be a pro or a con depending on your schedule.
Got a question you’d like us to answer? Contact us and we’ll see what we can do!