Welcome Center

Welcome We're Glad You're Here

Welcome to KTC!

This page will attempt to answer some of the questions that you may have when you first visit not only KillTheCan.org, but also our Discord Server and our forums.

1. Mission Statement – Why We’re All Here
  2. Quit Groups — What do they mean?
  3. How to Post ROLL CALL — Roll Call Instructions
  4. Roll Call — Why we do it…
  5. Hall of Fame Speeches — What they are and why we do it
  6. The Playground — Objects of Mass Distraction
  7. The Veterans — Why we stay around after 100 days
  8. Guests & Visitors PLEASE Read! An Open Invitation
Subscribe
Notify of

110 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Michael
Michael
1 year ago

72 hours Dip free. I have tried before but fell backinto bad habits. I am using Grind Coffee pouches. They aren’t bad plus I get my caffeine which is a plus. This time I’m doing it for me and no one else. It’s true you will recent everyone. Need some help getting my account set up.

Michael
Michael
1 year ago
Reply to  Chewie

Chewie, I am 246 days quit and love it. Mood swings gone anxiety gone and hopefully many more healthy years left.

Shane
Shane
1 year ago

Hey all, I quit chewing cope long about 3 months ago. Was going through about 2 cans a day… I continue having strong anxiety attacks and depression episodes. Anyone else experienced this during their journey? By the way, I have been chewing since 2010.

Nick
Nick
1 year ago

I was on here back in 2006 or 08 and never made it to the finish line so I’m back. This time having more reasons and a bigger want to quit. I need a little help to get signed back in for some reason it will not send me the email. Is there anyone that could help. I stopped dipping today about 5 o’clock so tomorrow is going to be a hard one. Old screen name is dirtyjungle

Ryan
Ryan
1 year ago

72 hours nicotine/tobacco free! This isn’t easy, but I’m trying to get through it. Dipped a can a day for 15 years. Using Black Buffalo “fake dip” to help with the cravings. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Greg
Greg
2 years ago

Quit 7 years ago today. At the time never posted on this forum, but remember scrolling it looking for inspiration those first couple days / weeks. You can do it! I feel so much better than I did back then! No excuses. Just do it.

Chad
Chad
2 years ago

I’ve been lurking on this site for several days. I’m on the patch which is the only reason I haven’t joined. No oral nicotine for 5 days. I was using nicotine lozenges at work and home but still using tobacco in the car or when outside – anytime I didn’t have to hide it. If no lozenges, I would go through a can in 2 days. If only lozenges (4mg), I would eat 10-12 per day. So I figure I was getting around or above 40 mg of nicotine per day. The patch is 21mg over 24 hours, but I take it off at night. can’t sleep well with it on. Minus 8 hours means I’m only getting around 14mg of nicotine per day now. Significantly less than half what I’m used to. All that to say that it’s been tough. Surely not as tough as going cold turkey, but tough nonetheless. Fogginess, cravings, emotional, irritable, etc.

I can’t trust myself with oral NRT as I’ll just take as much as I need and I’m not breaking an addiction. If I follow the patch plan and keep stepping down, I think that will get me through without completely losing my mind.

I underestimated the oral habit on top of the addiction. Yesterday I ordered some herbal dips. Not sure when they’ll arrive. I decided to try and make my own. I used fresh mint and chopped it up real fine. I broke open some black tea bags. I mixed in some sugar water and boiled it down until the green mint was brown. I mixed in just a bit of whiskey and then added some habanero powder (I like to dehydrate habaneros and crush them up). The fake dip I made tastes mostly like tea, but the burn with just the right amount of pepper feels a bit like nicotine on my gums. Of course nicotine was never spicy on my tongue, but my gums seem to like the burn. When I first put this in my mouth I was surprised at my body’s reaction. My heart raced and gums and lips felt satisfied. My mind was tricked. Of course it didn’t alleviate fogginess or emotions, but it sure helps that twinge craving of having something between my lip and gums. I’m excited for the other stuff to arrive. Probably tastes better than my homemade stuff.
Five days ago I told my son that I’d be quitting and might be cranky. He’s 12. I’ve been dipping since my wife got pregnant – maybe before then. Actually had my first dip when I was 16 in the parking lot after work. But mostly I smoked from the age of 18 to around the age of 30. At one point, while studying abroad in Ireland, I was a two-pack-a-day’er. I’m 44 now. I hate the smell and taste of cigarettes. But I sure would love a big ol’ pinch of Stokers Straight about now. I’ve used many brands and flavors of dip and pouches. Mostly I like them all. Come to think of it, I think I have a can of Stokers Natural in the truck somewhere. That was the only nasty dip I’ve ever tried. I may have taken 2 pinches and then put it in my door pocket where all my trash goes. Not even tempted to use that again. I’d go buy nicotine lozenges before using that can. Anyway should probably clean out the truck and throw that stuff away.

I’ve tried to quit so many times before. About 18 years ago I promised myself to not buys cigs again. I smoked other peoples butts out of the ash tray outside my work building. Not proud of that. My last serious attempt (there’s been many half hearted attempts) was about 11 years ago. I had switched from cigs to dip and eventually to nicotine gum. I quit for about a year. I had recently come back to faith in Jesus. Jesus said “do not get drunk on wine, but be filled with the Holy Spirit.” I applied that to my tobacco fix. Instead of buying more gum, I bought a new Bible. Every time I had an urge I turned to the Bible or to prayer. Not sure why I ever started again. Bought a can, thought I could handle it, you know the story.

A while back in church, I decided to give my addiction to God once more. I prayed for healing and for a miracle to be cured. I’ve heard of people turning to Jesus and they never had a craving again. I do believe that He can and does grant those miracles. I believed at the end of that service that He had given me that miracle. Eight hours later I was yelling at my family and on my way to the gas station for some Skoal Cherry. I believe now that God does not want to give me that miracle because he wants me to turn to Him in times of need. I am pretty content with life (more or less) and probably don’t need Him for much on this earth. He has blessed me with so much. Of course I’m a changed person since returning to faith. Without Him I was angry on the inside – not full of peace and love. I have struggled with my relationship with my wife even after coming back to faith. We were almost divorced a year or two back. In that struggle I was turning to Him. My wife and I are in a very good place relationally right now. I think God wants me to struggle with addiction and for me to draw near to Him through this struggle.

Anyway, back to my 12 yr old son. I was surprised that he never knew I used dip! Of course I tried to hide it from him but not as much as I hid it from my wife. I’d sneak it in the truck while he was riding in the back seat. I’d have loose dip (not pouches) in my mouth while we camped and fished. He just thought the stuff on my teeth was good or dirt. Well, it’s good to be out in open with him and have conversations about why he should never try tobacco. He knew I smoked before he was born. When he was a toddler he could smell my wintergreen dip in the truck when I opened a can. He said, “daddy what’s that beautiful smell?” When he was 4 or 5 he noticed me buying a can and asked what it was. I told him sternly that we don’t talk about that. So ever since then, I figured he knew I did it and that he just knew not to talk about it.

My wife used to nag me and we’ve gotten in many fights over it. I’d quit, tell her I quit, start again and not tell her, get caught and the cycle continued. She says I lie to her. In my addicted brain I didn’t think that withholding the truth was a lie. I mean if she didn’t ask me if I was using, why tell her? Within the last year but after our big relationship issue was better, she saw some tobacco stuck to my lip. I’ve gotten good at keeping it off my lower teeth and/or hiding my lower teeth with my lip. Also, I don’t produce much saliva while dipping. Maybe when I first put it in I’ll spit once or twice. But after that I just don’t salivate much. Anyway, she thought I had dirt on my lip but then asked if I was dipping again. I said yes and fear went through my veins. She asked how long and I told her it had been on and off for several years. I told her that I hadn’t been off nicotine for over 10 years. She knew I used nicotine lozenges because she’s found them, but we never really talked about it. I thought that now she was going to flip out again over the tobacco. She didn’t. For the first time ever she was calm about it. I don’t know if she’s given up or if she’s had a change of heart with how she should handle me. But from my perspective it was encouraging. I hate how she feels she can’t trust me. I hate that I’ve lied to her and made her feel that way. I hate that I hide it from her and can’t talk about it.

Lately, I’ve had problems in the bedroom. Low desire mostly, but a bit of ED to be honest. She told me that she was reading that nicotine can be a strong factor in ED. I don’t even know if she knew I’ve been using dip lately or if she thought it was only the lozenges. I guess it doesn’t matter. 40+ mg of nicotine per day is going to have negative health consequences no matter how I get it. It hurts by body, my marriage, and my relationship with God.

Don’t get me wrong, God loves me no matter what I do. Jesus forgives my lies and my addiction. But until I turn to Him for all my needs, I will never truly live the abundant life that He promises.

it’s time to let it go. It’s time to Kill the Can!!!

Before writing this post, I was reading posts from spouses dealing with their addicted husbands. I was almost brought to tears knowing that I have done the same to my wife. I tend to think that this sin of addiction only hurts myself. But that is so far from the truth. I can see why my wife won’t talk about spiritual things with me. How can I call myself a child of God, a follower of Christ Jesus, when I’ve hurt her and continue to hurt her in this way? Jesus forgives my hypocrisy, but I wouldn’t forgive me.

I hate that I tried tobacco in high school. I hate that I turned to tobacco when I lost faith. I hate that I continued tobacco when I came back to faith. I hate that I hide it and lie about it. I hate personal that I’ve become by using it. I hate all the heartache it has brought. I hate how I’ve disappointed my parents, my wife, and my son. Why should my 12 year old boy have to be my accountability partner!!!!! That’s not right. I should be a better father than that.

I doubt anyone has read this whole thing, but I just needed to say it. Thank you for this place where I can share, KTC.

Chad
Chad
2 years ago
Reply to  Chewie

Ripped off the patch yesterday around 11:00 am. Thought I wanted to embrace more suck and kick this thing. This fucking sucks!!! Was foggy, tunnel vision, can’t think straight yesterday. That stuff is no big deal. Slept in the couch a lot and just wanted night to come so I could go to bed. Wake up in cold sweats thinking it’s like 2:00 or 3:00 am. It’s not. It’s 10:45. WTF?! I just went to bed a few minutes earlier. Is this real? Wake up in cold sweats again. This time it has to be like 4:00 or 5:00 am. Look at the clock; it’s not midnight yet. I just want morning to come!! But why? Once it’s daytime I’ll long for night! Dissatisfaction is the word but doesn’t begin to describe it. Every cell in my body is craving a tiny bit of just a little satisfaction. This resembles Hell – I’m a religious man and I don’t use that metaphor lightly.

I dreamed I was on a sailboat – a racing sailboat – a KTC racing sailboat and we were in the Olympics. There was this female reporter who said “it’s not like they’re real athletes. I mean all they did was quit tobacco.” Of course this pissed us off because we devote our lives to quitting every bit as much as an Olympic athlete devotes his life to training.

Wake up in cold sweats a few more times. Finally it’s 4:30 am. Im getting up. After I lay here for a bit and wake up my mind. Dog jumps on me and I kick him off. Cat jumps on me and im getting frustrated. Dog chases cat with a loud growl and now im pissed. Dog jumps on me again – his mistake he’ll regret that. (No animals got hurt in this story but cuss words were flying). Now my mind is awake and it’s not happy.

Grabbed a pinch of Smokey mountain. Still nicotine free. Posting on KTC. Im a bit calmer.

Fuck you Nicotine!! You gave me this hell! No more! Bring it on! I can take it!

Derek Holden
Derek Holden
2 years ago

Looking for the Moderator/Admin to help recover my old user name. It has been almost 5 years.

Mark
Mark
3 years ago

48 hours in and so far not terrible! Definitely lethargic. And noticeably sore tongue. 4 cans a week for over 16 years…enough is enough. I’m a grandpa now, and retiring this year. I want to be as healthy as possible to enjoy the grandkids and travel the country. I am using tobacco and nicotine free chew to help work down the WANT of a chew in my mouth. So far I’ve had 3 today. Normally I’d have had at least 7 or 8 Grizzly pouches. Also chewing Nicorette gum 4mg. I estimate I was easily doing 60-80 mg of nicotine per day when chewing. As of right now, I’ve had 16 mg today between 6:30 AM and 3 PM. This formula is
working well for me at least. I plan to continue reducing the number of tobacco free pouches and the nicotine gum over the course of a few weeks.

Mark
Mark
3 years ago
Reply to  Chewie

THANKS! Reducing the number of pieces of gum every few days should do the trick

Jason
Jason
3 years ago
Reply to  Mark

I am getting them all over my tongue as well.hard to swallow.

Collin
Collin
3 years ago

White knuckle quit on May 2nd 2017, so 3 and a half years without a pinch. Fight and win boys. You only lose if you give up.

Dundippin
4 years ago

I just had a tooth pulled and an implant inserted. I have been bed ridden for four days as I try recuperate.

This reminded me of how I quit on Sep 15, 2015. I was able to do all the snuff I wanted and it was not helping me a bit. It was making me super hyper and I realized I had to stop. I tried stopping multiple times over 40 years.

I decided to just stop. To do that, I just rested in bed and ate and slept. Not everyone can do that. We all quit our different ways.

I finally was able to sit up like a normal human being, eat without dip and went about my day. However, I was in a deep forg for at least 30 days.

To quit you need to just stop.

I quit with you today.

Dundippin day 1611

Schweemyth
Schweemyth
3 years ago
Reply to  Dundippin

I’m going crazy!! 30 years of dipping. Last week I was at 4+ cans a day. I decided to cold turkey last Sunday. For two days I couldn’t even stay awake. I probably slept for 35 out of 48 hours. The next two days I just walked every time I had a craving. So basically I walked for two days. The fifth day I felt a little better, but massive brain fog. The. I had drinks with friends. Of course I chewed. Relapse. Start over. Great. Next day I went skiing with my son which was yesterday so I didn’t chew. I felt pretty good. Today all I could think about was chewing. So I got a can. How do you guys do this!! I feel hopeless. I need support. I’m going to start at day 1 again tomorrow. I really don’t want to do this anymore. I’ll try this forum because everything I’ve tried isn’t working. I don’t want to do replacement garbage I just want to stop and I want my body clean. One thing I noticed after 5 days totally clean was that I was much more motivated to do daily chores and keep things clean. My teeth were whiter and I just felt so much healthier. I want that permanently but my will power is so bad. Once it gets in my head that I want to have one I can’t make it stop

Colton Rink
Colton Rink
4 years ago

I’ve been quit for 1117 days now. I started off on my own and a week Into it I found this site. I never joined a group (I don’t know why, never felt like it I guess) but I found a lot of encouraging stories and statements. I still this site every month or so to help cement the reason why I quit in the first place. Use all the tools you can to stay quit and good luck!

Oz1
Oz1
5 years ago

It has been 122 days since I quit.

If you are here reading these posts, it is because you also want to join the league of champions. It takes a massive effort to let go of the life you know. This site and the people can provide you with the weapons to start the battle. It aint easy, but if it was, then you wouldn’t be here.
Good Luck.

Oz1.

lboise
lboise
4 years ago
Reply to  Oz1

I am on day 23

I have been in an affair with nicotine for 40 years. the dip has been towards the last 20 years. holy crap, I had no idea this was the price for this ride. I have the occasional craving but, the biggest and most notable is my lack of a filter. I pretty much say hat it think. not good. not much tolerance for anything right now. biting down hard to ride this out. thanks God for this forum, at least I know is gets better.

DDD
DDD
4 years ago
Reply to  lboise

It does get better. Hang in there LBoise

Nick
Nick
4 years ago
Reply to  lboise

I know exactly what you mean by having little tolerance. I think we used nicotine to deal with every little situation and now that we took the nicotine away, we hae to learn a new and healthier way to handle life.

Oz1
Oz1
5 years ago

Day 46
I am finally coming out of the fog, going through this again made me realize that it gets harder to start all over and the consequences get harsher.
Last time I did it just because I wanted to quit, this time I had to.
My blood pressure was very high and would not come down, I am 99.9 % sure it is related to Dip. I am off the Nicotine and carcinogens now, but I am taking BP medication. I have to eat healthy and exercise, not because I want to, but because I have to.
In retrospective, i probably would not have quit if there were no consequences, I had to experience that. For some of you that are quitting before you suffer health consequences continue on, Do not wait until you have to. I am lucky that I can control and reverse the BP, others might have to deal with other harsher outcomes. Brothers, you all take care.

Zach
Zach
5 years ago

Well its day 8 and things are going pretty good. The fog has faded away and I havent had any bad headaches. Some weird ass dreams tho. Went to the dentist and other than a few cavities she said everything looks great and my use hasn’t done anything major to my gums. Now the only thing is to fight the urge to start again now that the doc gave me the all clear but i’m staying strong. Anyone have a suggestion of a good herbal snuff replacement similar to Copenhagen long cut? I cant stand straight flavor and i’m not a wintergreen or mint guy.

oz1
oz1
5 years ago

It is very easy to slip and fall and even easier to justify the continued behavior. Though something in our brains tells us that the decision made is unhealthy, we choose to ignore it and bury that spark of wisdom. We know that we will have to quit one day whether we like it or not, we know that we should make the decision before something else makes it for us. Yet we go ahead and do it. The power of addiction is not only physical, but psychological and that is where the real battle resides. I am not sure if the chemicals in the product manage to create bridges in our neurons to continue the behavior, even sometimes without us thinking it, we automatically reach for it and start spitting. So the battle, I read somewhere, to start rewiring our way of thinking, nobody really knows if it happens in our brains or somewhere else that dictate our behaviors. Who knows, but it is real and sometimes it takes the best of us.
What I learned? I learned that it is easy to fall, not so easy to get up if you are not ready.
What is different? I have been quit and I have been addicted; though it is really hard to go through it again and stay quit, it is worth to stay off it, nothing compares to regain your health.

Oz1
Oz1
5 years ago

I caved on day 99 and 4 years later I am back here again, I hope I am allowed to post, if not, I wish you all the best. Day 18.

Ross Stackpole
Ross Stackpole
5 years ago

hey guys and gals , i have come to the conclusion that i cant do this on my own ! chewie i need your help along with everyonelse on here . see ive chewed 2 cans of cope snuff a day for close to 30 years , and i decided to quit the begining of march this year and was doing good until this past weekend , the guys and i went on a fishing trip and i caved , now im back on the wagon since yesterday , but i need a little help , thanks

Stewyhoo
Stewyhoo
6 years ago

Day 15

David W. Harrington (@TheRealDaveH)

On Day 14 right now, my cheeks are a little sore, having some headaches, but I’m 100% committed. This sucks but it needs to happen!

Nolan
Nolan
6 years ago

Smoked all throughout highschool, and smoked and dipped all throughout college. Been at a can a day and/or pack a day since I was 16. I’m 26 now, had a cancer scare last Friday, decided to quit. I’m on day 5, and am up to a pack of gum per day. Not nic gum, just Orbit. Going good so far. Don’t want to lose my jaw to cancer. Anyone have any advice on how much longer these cravings will last? I’m tired of being on edge all the time.

Randy H
Randy H
7 years ago

I started smoking 20 years ago. I started dipping 10 years ago. I quit smoking and started vaping about 2 years ago. I quit dipping about a week ago. If I decide to kick all nicotine, would a quit group be appropriate for me to join? Thanks!

DAN O
DAN O
7 years ago
Reply to  Randy H

Yes sir, but no punches are pulled here. We quitters will give support, but vaping isn’t really quitting, is it? This is a quit forum, so drop all of that stuff, you can do it. Nic gum, vaping, those are examples of just hanging on to the past, let that junk go, nic free my man, good luck.

Dennis Williams
Dennis Williams
7 years ago

Good morning everyone, I’ve been a 2 can per day Copenhagen dipper for almost 30 years now. I’ve quit on a few occasions but always went back to it. The longest I managed to go was in basic training where I lasted for 6 1/2 weeks. I have to tell you that this is the most difficult thing I’ve ever tried to do in my life. I quit a couple of months ago but have had several ‘slip ups’ and end up really discouraged. I’m recommitting today that I’ve had my last tobacco. I have four girls (20, 17, 16 and 2 1/2). Although I am quitting for me, I’m doing it because I want to be around to see all my girls grow up. I wish everyone on the forum good luck and plan to post almost daily to make sure my commitment stays recent in my mind.

Sean
Sean
7 years ago

Hi guys never thought i would use this website but im ready to quit ive been dipping very on and off for four years and im ready to cut it cold turkey it jst doesnt provide that good buzz anymore but i still always want one in my lip…..today is the day 9/10/2016 im done!!! This community is great and i need all the support i can get

Michael
8 years ago

On 24 hours of no snuff and I’m having a foggy day, That common on day #1? I quit out of the blue yesterday, cold turkey and mentally I feel great about quitting. I’m being calm and not aggressive, I’m not eating or hungry though. I chewed for 20yrs and I’m 33 yrs old.

Chris
Chris
8 years ago
Reply to  Michael

Michael, I’m on day two as well. I am not as mellow as you. I had a can a day for ten years, currently 27. Haven’t had any tobacco or nicotine in 24 hours and I’m feeling it – body is shaking, couldn’t sleep last night, mind keeps wandering to how satisfying sitting back in my office chair would be while snapping close my can.

I am bigger than a can.

deepydeedont
deepydeedont
8 years ago
Reply to  Chris

Chris if you can make it over day 3 you are on your way out, just watch out, after those 3 days you will have to fight yourself not to go buy another can. Easy as that, but the mind games will get you if you don’t get a hold of yourself. Good luck Brother, come and post back if you made it.

wanna be free
8 years ago
Reply to  Michael

man i am only 16 but ive been doing it for about 4 years a while back i relized the mental toughness i had being an ahlete it makes hou push your self to extreme limits anywaysbi relized that if i could play through a game and see our championship title just taunting me and forc my self to give it everything i have just fot a shot that i he the power to do anythimg i set my mind to ive been 2months without adip now and its really hard m dad dips so its hard not to just sneak a pinch but everytime i just remind myself of pushing for and getting closer to that championship

Bryan
Bryan
8 years ago

Bought my last can today. I started smoking at age 17 and in the process picked up chewing. Have been strictly chewing since I was 19. I am now 26. It is my go to in order to relax. Im a Veteran of the armed forces and I am a law enforcement officer. It just seems easier to throw a dip in rather than deal with the stress. Hoping I can finally kick this habit

Kize
Kize
8 years ago
Reply to  Bryan

You found the right place for support. There is no “hoping” to quit. You just have to do it. One day at a time. I’m a vet too. Did a couple of tours in the sandbox….After awhile you’ll realize there’s better ways to relax. Hang in there

Rob
Rob
8 years ago

Trying to quit myself. Any advice ?

Dylan
Dylan
8 years ago

Hi I’m Dylan I have been chewing since I was 16 I first started chewing because being a a teenager I was natural attracted to new things my dad has chewed for over 30 years and I have for around 3 years now I came to this site because I was looking to figure out if it was normal to not be capping after only 3 days off the can when I normally take a healthy duce every day there are a multitude of things that are driving me to quit recently I went to the dentist and they could tell I had been chewing because the gums on my front 2 teeth on the bottom we almost gone. (Anyone know if they will grow back) another reason my gf told me she would blaim herself if I would ever have something wrong with my gums because of chewing because she bought for me for around 1 year before I turned 18 another reason is I have recently been sick with strep and didn’t crave a chew in the day and a haft I was sick this made me think I csn get through this any words of advice would help greatly thanks

Matt
Matt
9 years ago

Just a tip, I mix molasses that you guy in the cooking aisle at a grocery store with Wintergreen Bacc Off in the can and it helps keep it moist and keeps ya spitting! That’s from a 20 year plus former Copenhagen snuff user who has been tobacco free for over two years. I recommend going cold turkey for two weeks and then giving this stuff a try. If you can go that long without the real thing, this stuff will be the next best thing (if you mix it with molasses) and keep you from turning back to the darkside.

Beware any fake chew containing Pueraria if you consume alcohol. I was chewing Hooch once and had a few beers and was completely out of it. It is used in Asian countries to treat alcoholism because if you ingest the Pueraria, your body can[t handle the alcohol. Smokey Mountain also began putting it in their product about 1 1/2 years ago.

Thor
Thor
9 years ago

Just hit 48 hours and I’m going nuts, thanks to this site and all its members for keeping me sane

Nate
Nate
9 years ago

Quit date set for tonight I’ve tried quitting to many times to count I always go a couple of days then break and I knew I had to try something different so i came here

Corey
Corey
9 years ago

Anyone interested in a homework assignment? Get atleast one person to make the leap by Friday 12/12/12. And katc. I’m not to good at this website yet. So idk if there is a way to start a group or something for this.
Corey day 4

deepydeedont
deepydeedont
9 years ago

Day 90
Well I posted my comment where I usually do, but today I felt adventurous and wanted to explore the live chat, since I have 90days under my belt and all. Well, I say, Saturday nights are not the best time to log in there. My experience was brief and rather uncomfortable. There was only one guy and left rather quickly after a few chat lines. Other people jumped in and left right away. I have been in other chat rooms where little nerds and teeny dudes do the same, I figured this is a serious site for mostly older mature dudes, but I guess my timing was wrong or there is no difference in all chat rooms. Anyway I’ll stick with the comments area.

Stuart Patke
Stuart Patke
9 years ago

Been dipping steadily for about 2 years now and haven’t had one today or yesterday. One day at a time.

Jason
Jason
9 years ago

Day 2 and feel like a piece of shit. I am in for the long haul.

Seth
Seth
9 years ago

Haven’t had a dip in 19 days, was a can a day for over 10 yrs. I’m 27 yo and I started vaping/Ecig the day I quit. Started with a high nicotine Ecig but cut it in half after a week. Still have all symptoms of quitting dipping, but the Ecig does help. I wonder if I am still just prolonging all of the side effects by still consuming low doses of nicotine? Going to try and quit the Ecig tomorrow..

dalton
dalton
9 years ago

I quit just a couple of days ago on July 24th. Already been hell. Short fused towards my girlfriend and I’m eating everything in site. But I need to do this.

paul
9 years ago

Quit day 36 started in Marines corp 12 years ago craving still there but getting shorter and weaker each day

Jesse
Jesse
10 years ago

im thinking of quitting, but i have been chewing since i was 14 and im 26 now, i started chewing more when i was deployed to afghanistan, because it was extremly stressful and the nicotine helped. i cant go more then a few hours without having a chew in, and i go through about two to three cans of grizzly chew a day. i want to quit but im kinda scared to go through the withdraws specially since i have extreme anger issues and ptsd issues, i am on meds for thar stuff but the nicotine is also part of what keeps me sane…idk what to do help

xandd
xandd
9 years ago
Reply to  Jesse

Quit for like 4 and 1/2months but still …
Its tuf hainging on…..

Jeremy Canha
Jeremy Canha
10 years ago

On day 5. I stopped cold turkey. Chewed for 7 years. Does the anxiety ever stop?

Chewpacobra
Chewpacobra
10 years ago

Took a break from New Years and caved on the 13th due to some heavy drinking. Tossed the can away in the morning and read a lot on this site and I am serious about my quit so I am going to not drink for 50 days.3 days quit

jmill
jmill
10 years ago

Day 5 has started. I quit on a Sunday at 5PM. My shoulder is killing me. But I am going strong.

mike
mike
10 years ago

2nd day after 33 years . ready to kill somebody lol
Oh boy this sucks!

jmill
jmill
10 years ago

Just joined today. I am not sure how to get the most out of this site. I am into my 4th day. Upper shoulder pain and gas are my worst enemies. Also I go back to work tomorrow so there will be new triggers to be confronted. Any suggestions would help

BearHunter68
BearHunter68
10 years ago

5 minutes into my quit…so far so good. How do I join a quit group because I’m pretty confident this isn’t gonna be pretty

Weston Stewart
Weston Stewart
10 years ago

About to attempt it! Have my last dip as I’m typing this. Gonna be rough

Weston Stewart
Weston Stewart
10 years ago
Reply to  Chewie

Thanks for the support

Jared
Jared
10 years ago

Ive been chewing for only 2 years im only 14 starting to quit tomorrow and im scared of like anger toward friends and family just stick to it and quit

Dustin
Dustin
10 years ago

On Day 6 ….kinda sucks been dippin for 13 years

Danny Olmstead
Danny Olmstead
10 years ago

60-days quit thanks to KTC. I’ve received lot of ideas and motivation from reading posts on this site. Cravings are still there but the 100 day what to expect chart is very helpful. It’s amazing how little doctors even know about this crap we put in our mouths. They think we’re insane when we put 3 21mg patches on our shoulders to feel normal.

That’s why we must be strait soldiers and rely on ourselves and the strong brothers who are quit on this site. Respect yourself and stay strong and quit.

Danny O. SF CA

John
John
10 years ago

4 DAYS NO TOBACCO. I HAVE BEEN DIPPING FOR ABOUT 20 YEARS. IT HAS BEEN A CRAZY 4 DAYS. INSOMNIA, SWEATS, DIZZINESS , FATIQUE & GAS, PLENTY OF GAS! BUT NOT NEARLY AS BAD AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE. ALTHOUGH MY KIDS AND WIFE ARE SCARED OF ME RIGHT NOW. FUNNY.

jmill
jmill
10 years ago
Reply to  John

I am going through the same thing. The gas is killing me. My wife was scared of me a couple of days ago. But I am better now.

Kyle darts
Kyle darts
10 years ago

Great website been 5 days no chew and loving it. Thanks

Joe
Joe
8 years ago
Reply to  Kyle darts

Ive been chewing a can a day for 41 years…I want to quit. I spit it out at 11:09…I’ve gone 39 minutes…lol

Joe G
Joe G
8 years ago
Reply to  Joe

Great job Joe! I was at 2 a day of Copenhagen fine cut…The black tar heroin of dip… I’m on day 20…You can do it brother..,

Carndog
Carndog
4 years ago
Reply to  Joe

How did your quit go? Still quit and nicotine free?

Back to top button
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x